Day 9


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
September 22nd 2009
Published: September 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

September 21, 2009 (Really the 21st. Yesterday’s blog is miss dated)
“That redheaded lady in the back looks too young to be a senior”…These are the words I should have heard at “Bear Country” today….but no…I’m appalled! Anyway this park was amazing! I’m going to let the pictures speak for themselves…(I’m hopefully getting better with the camera). A lot of the animals were just out in the wild…approaching cars etc. We felt as if we were on National Geographic!
Later we went by the Crazy Horse monument. Many of you probably know it’s only partially done so we just saw his face but it was breathtaking…Donna and I are coming back to see it when completed…road trip!!!
We traveled for about 2 more hours to Wounded Knee and this was such a letdown. There is a small cemetery, nothing really written or marked. Below was a small sign telling the story and this was defaced…Tomorrow we’ll try the Wounded Knee Museum…probably more of what we were looking for!
Today’s Road Lesson: I’m now passing as a senior!




Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb