snow, rain & sun


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
April 13th 2008
Published: June 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Outer BanksOuter BanksOuter Banks

Tara attacked by the frigid waters!
As soon as I (amy) got out of the military, I booked flights to go visit a few of my girls. First I went to Seattle, WA to stay with Claudia & Co. It snowed. A lot! I was told that it was odd, that usually it's rainy & gloomy but not snowy. Lucky for me! I grew up in the snow and though I don't miss living in it, I do love the occasional frolick in the white powder. The snow was fleeting though and the next morning there wasn't a sign of it's existence in sight. The sun beamed down through clear blue skies and it turned out to be a great day for exploring the city. We even did an underground tour where we got to see the shadier part of old times in Seattle.

Next I was off to Hampton, VA to stay with Tara (also visited with a few other friends). We took a trip to the Outer Banks, NC where we drove down to Cape Hatteras. We planned on camping but were greeted by frigid rain so we opted for a warm, dry (and cheap!) hotel and took advantage of the outdoor hottub. There's nothing better than being in HOT water and getting sprinkled by cold, cold rain. All of the islands are lined with 3 story beach houses, colored in every shade of the rainbow, standing on stilts waiting for the oceans raging waters. But we were there during the off season and it seemed as though we were the only humans traversing the roads. It was fantastic!

The final trip took me to Ft. Lauderdale, FL to stay with Theresa. There wasn't much sightseeing, but there was a lot of clubbing, hilarious stories, laughs and the obligatory beach visit.

Cramming so much into a short time can be tolling, but I'd do it anytime as long as I'm doing it with the people I love!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

SeattleSeattle
Seattle

amy & claudia
Outer BanksOuter Banks
Outer Banks

amy & tara watching surfers in the rain
SeattleSeattle
Seattle

sliding in the snow!
SeattleSeattle
Seattle

Pioneer Square the day after it snowed
SeattleSeattle
Seattle

Pioneer Square (the building where we started the Underground Tour)
Hampton, VAHampton, VA
Hampton, VA

this church had a really old cemetary
Outer BanksOuter Banks
Outer Banks

tara & c during a break from the rain
Outer BanksOuter Banks
Outer Banks

there were quite a few jellyfish along the beach
Outer BanksOuter Banks
Outer Banks

we had NO idea what this was about


27th June 2009

UNDERGROUND
What was the underground tour all about? It looks like that space type housing was designed [ same architect?] like the ones that are in Aspen Colorado...Barbie Benson lives there in Aspen space caps...

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb