fun in the sun


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
December 9th 2008
Published: December 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Moab is a town with a main street drawn through a landscape overflowing with red rock and magical blue sky. The whole crew was ecstatic for what they had found. Valleys diverting and emerging in many directions. Stunning staggering peaks leaving mesmerizing silhouettes in the star filled skies of dusk.
It was the first stop that was about pleasure and relaxation. It wasn't a hunt for a fuel source or a filter. It was about having fun.
Camping next to the Colorado River with boulders short walking distance away for everyone to play on and petroglyphs etched in canyon walls to discover.
From Moab, Utah to the Grand Canyon, Arizona at sunset twilight the impressive immensity was not fully grasped until the next morning. Enormous canyons of layered walls of sediment tell their story. The mind cannot grasp the vastness of this marvelous display of mother nature. Some spend days, others weeks and some spend months. So much to explore but after a day and night it was time to make move to Joshua Tree National Park, California. An amazing desert setting strewn with rock piles of all sizes, unique trees, vegetation and wildlife. The energy was a peaceful serendipitous gem. Connecting with beautiful souls and wonderful rocks. The rocks were a granite like sandpaper, more climbing like a spider then a monkey. Placing hands and feet in unimaginable frictional poses. Meeting people of a like mindedness as the crew. A respect for the nature around and lives lived in gratitude for the treasures they were all fortunate to share. A week had passed and the crew had experienced three fantastic places. The coast and the waves only hours away. Limited oil on board but enough to make it to the sand and salt scented air.

NOTE:: pictures to come later when on a faster computer


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb