Teton Adventure


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
July 31st 2008
Published: August 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today is Thursday the 31st.

We started out leaving Irrigon, Oregon @ 5pm.
5 people, and 4 motorcycles loaded for hilt rumbled out.

We fueled in Irrigon, then rode over Powerline Rd. taking 84-East.

My bike temp started rising a little too much, so we pulled over @ Stanfield Rest Area. I ride an 1100 Gold Wing Bobber. It's water cooled, and I'd been having troubles with the fan not working. It was working well, but running on the high end of the temp gauge because of the hot weather. Everything was good, so we took off again.

We got up to the Mt. Emily exit, and Pat's 500 Kawasaki vapor locked. We noticed him missing about 2 miles down the road.
Corrie, on his Electra Glide Harley, dumped his passenger off and went back to see what was up, while we waited along side the road.

Once they got back to us, we checked out his bike, then hit the road again.

We pulled over @ LaGrande to fuel, and decided to camp for the night. We found a good spot at Catherine Creek State Park. There was bathrooms, showers, and fresh water. Lots of green grass for the tents too.
We built a fire, made camp coffee, and ate freeze dried meals for dinner. They were really tasty, and filled the void.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb