New York - NYE 2007


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
April 19th 2008
Published: May 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well we finally got around to getting photos up - only been back from our travels for a month! We'll start with New York, the start of our trip - anyone that has been there knows how hard it is to capture the buzz of the place in words. The city does not stop, even the post office is open 24hrs! We took shelter from the freezing days in the awesome galleries and museums that are scattered over the city and spent the nights out at shows, bars etc. New years eve was wicked - being right on Times Square with so many people was a crazy experience. We were in a club that was pumping out wicked tunes and laying on an open bar for 6 hours (which in the US means spirits too!) and then just before midnight we went out into the square and watched the ball (yes Imo, the enviro friendly one) drop. The party went on into the wee hours of the morning. I was convinced that Matt Dillon was in the club with us but my knack for having no idea who famous people are, coupled with my new found love for bacardi, soda and sour had worked against me. It was only his àlmost famous´ brother, but the massive bodyguard did a good job at convincing me that he must be famous!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb