Day 4 - Flying from L.A to N.Y


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
June 23rd 2007
Published: June 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Got to the airport early in prep for the security. It was chaos at the airport. Lucky we got there pretty early. Jolene got frisked again because her bangles set the alarm off. All bags were searched for every person and all liquids confiscated. Any loose items had to be displayed in a clear plastic bag or confiscated and could only be of 100g. This is to prevent people teaming up and concocting explosives from small items. Apparently this was done on a London flight.The US security was great compared to ours. Dave's bag attracted attention from the Xray screening man probably due to the carry on Budweiser beer bottles he had packed. Items confiscated with no conviction recorded (relying on the I'm an Aussie and didn't know excuse)

Had a great flight over. Nice and quick compared to the other. Arrived in New York got a cab to Manhattan. The cabbie didn't talk the whole way there. A bit different to LA. Had a hairy ride there. The driving is crazy however was sped up by following a fire truck driving to an emergency with sirens blaring.. Got to our hotel, it was great, right in the heart of the theatre district. Wow, the atmosphere was fantastic and it was 7.30pm. We went out for dinner, had a great meal tried some New York cheesecake and all had trouble getting to sleep as our time zone had changed again.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb