Brace for Landing, Brace for Landing


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
April 10th 2007
Published: April 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Just thought we should report on our first near death experience on the trip. Lets just say never fly air jamaica.

We took off from JFK at 7.30 in the morning bount for grenada and after circling around for about half and hour the pilot announced we would be returning to JFK as there was some problem with the flaps. He also casually noted that we all needed to become familiar with the brace position as we would be using it for landing. After circling NYC for another hour to drop some fuel (so we would be less of a flame ball if we did crash land - not cool) we prepared ourselves for our emergency landing. There were a lot of unbelieved looks, tales of "well at least we are going out while we are on an awesome trip" and rescue remedy involved. We landed again going at a cracking pace and during the couple of minutes that we were all heads down and tightly braced against the seats, the silence was pretty eerie. We were greeted with an entourage of fire trucks and ambulances and after a 7 hour wait in JFK airport we had to get on the same plane again. Lets just say we will never forget the words "brace for landing, brace for landing" as yelled by the pilot and then the stewardess during landing.

On the bright side we met the saffas that we have been hanging out with (see next blog) at JFK and they have also chartered a yacht and are mooring at the same place as us.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb