Sun, sand and Black Caps!!!


Advertisement
Published: April 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sorry that we have been MIA for so long but since hitting grenada about 10 days ago we have been pretty busy catching some rays, sailing our yacht and meeting all of the men on the island. Odds here are ridiculous. It seems there arent a lot of single girls making the trip to the cricket world cup. Fools.

We have just had the best day sailing our yacht the Moana Roa and we say goodbye to the yacht tomorrow when we check into some accommo on Grand Anse Beach. Thought you guys would like to know the level of fever pitch we have reached for tomorrow's game, particularly after we have made mates with most of the island already, including the black caps. Lets just say watching cricket will never be the same again.

Had a great night out last night as we went out for dinner to a local place right on the beach. Were planning on heading to bed and having a quiet one but got persuaded by the crowd of hot boys and our great saffa mates that are on the yacht beside us that were all having the most massive party at the bar at our resort where we have been mooring the boat. After plenty of duty free later we got chatting to a couple of lovely sri lankans called Mahela (Jayawardene) and Sunny (Jayasuriya) who were super keen for a few drinks on the yacht moored a stones throw from the bar. WE felt this was the perfect opportunity to boost our semi final chances and just about succeded taking out Mahela as he was jumping from our yacht to the dock and arsed up. Headed out after that to our favourite bar called bananas a.k.a man fest and danced up a storm till the wee hours.


All our other days have been a pretty similar recipe, a lot of sunning ourselves on the yacht or the white sand beaches, taking some of our new friends for a cruise, including aussies, saffas and black caps, and heading out to bananas for banter with the foreigners.


Have had a few debacles with the boat already, tally of things gone overboard is as follows:

Torch (1)
Lou (1)
Jandal (1)
Sunglasses (1)
Black Caps Hat (1)

We actually broke it too and it had to be repaired for a couple of days. Note not our fault and no mum we dont have to pay for the $500,000 yacht. Have also had some interesting dinghy stories on the nights we anchored in the middle of harbours. Jax, ron, lou, dave and dan ended up sleeping on the beach for three hours while dan struggled with the rusted padlock on the dinghy. Apparently it was a nice sunrise.

Have also found out that ron can sleep through anything, including falling off the sofa on the boat onto a hard wooden floor and sailing through 6 knot speeds on the trampoline at the front of a boat wrapped up in his blankets like a tortilla.

Pumped for tomorrow's game, look out for us in black singlets with silver ferns on them. Got some good tv time at the NZ vs SA game getting jiggy with the locals and their dance fests in the stands. They serve this crazy rum punch at the cricket and boy do they pour em strong over here.

Expect a video of the rum punch and the man fest at bananas, it really is one of the world's most untapped resource.

PS the 'lankis remembered kate and dan jumping on their tour bus back in auckland. Apparently its not every day that people commandeer their tour bus.

Love from the remaining girls on the trip, we lost lou yesterday back to the states and NZ but the four of us still manage to pack a good (rum) punch.

Advertisement



20th April 2007

Hey guys, Sounds (and looks) like you've been having the most amazing time!! Have been well entertained by all the tales and photos! Keep having an awesome time (not that you need any encouragement!!). James
22nd April 2007

Daniel
TV3 really is not very fussey about who they interview. It was really good to see you having a great time. Must make sure customs have that cavity search waiting for you upon your return. Keep up the fun and we all look forward to your next TV3 report.
24th April 2007

sleeping locations
I loved the visual of the crew asleep on the beach while Dan cursed and muttered for three hours getting frustrated at the lock. The boat trip sounds halairious, I'd love to hear more about how "watching the cricket will never be the same"... Any tallies to report perhaps? Lou fell overboard? I wouldn't believe that for a minute. ;-)
24th April 2007

Re: sleeping locations
All tallies will be reported on in private at the conclusion of the travel train at the discretion of those involved :)

Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb