Home Is Where Your Dog Is


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
May 23rd 2022
Published: May 23rd 2022
Edit Blog Post

On this blog we wanted to post some pictures of full-time travel trailer life. We also wanted to help people understand what a trip like this is really like. In my mind it is a huge blessing and I feel so fortunate to have this opportunity. Traveling around the US is exciting, fun, and fulfilling. However, it is a lot of work and leaves very little time to relax. Some days are 3-6 hours of driving and then we try to squeeze in some sightseeing on the same day. We do this because it's hard to say where life will lead and while we have this opportunity, we want to see all we can. The good thing is the days are long here sunrise is typically around 5:30 and sunset is typically close to 9:00. If we are not driving the days are filled with site seeing while the evening is spent reading and researching where to go and where to stay. Many might say why not book out and plan your entire trip before leaving. It is nice to have the reassurance that everything is laid out, however, it does not allow for flexibility. You'll find that some areas are more interesting than your research showed, and you'll want to spend more time there while others are far less exciting than you had thought, and you'll want to move on more quickly. Sometimes the weather might provide a reason for you to redirect your path. Often, we are only a day or two booked out at a time and sometimes not even that we are booking as we are driving to the location. This really wasn't much of an issue during our first big trip in 2016 because camping was much less popular at that time. Now I would recommend pre booking major holidays and popular destinations. Even in 2016 we should have booked Yellowstone out farther than we did but we're so fortunate to find a campground right at the gates for the entire week. We try to stay vigilant on seeing what we want, but also making sure it makes sense in consideration to cost and time. We know this is not the way that everyone travels. We hope to one day go full time and really submerge ourselves into each area before moving on, but for now this is how we operate.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb