Green River, Wyoming to Twin Falls, Idaho


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
May 1st 2021
Published: May 1st 2021
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Rock Springs, Wyoming to Twin Falls, Idaho then Mountain Home, Idaho


Friday April 30, 2021

The drive from Green River, WY to Twin Falls, ID. The area around Green River to Evanston Wyoming was so beautiful. The rock formations and canyons were stunning. It was an enjoyable ride and the elevation around 6000 ft. From the time we left Green River the skies were clear and we had long distance views of the snow capped Utah mountains. So very majestic… We crossed over into Utah and drove through Ogden then north to Twin Falls. Mountain views graced us the entire way. We did pass the Devil’s Slide in Utah. These are two parallel vertical limestone layers 40 feet high and 25 feet apart. Erosion has exposed these layers over many years. It is quite the geological sight. Our next stop was Shoshone Falls in Twin Falls, ID. Shoshone Falls is 212 feet high which is 45 higher than Niagara Falls. The Snake River runs all the way across Idaho and the source for all the irrigation of the farmland in southern Idaho. Milner Dam controls the water flow over the falls and today about 1/3 of the falls were flowing. It was still a spectacular sight to see the Snake River crashing down and looking at the canyon it carved. We went to the Visitor Center and had incredible views of the Snake River Canyon and the Perrine Bridge. This bridge spans the canyon for 1500 feet and is 480 feet above the Snake River. While we were there many people were parasailing off the bridge. We took pictures and opting out of parasailing! Actually it looked quite horrifying. There was a really cool golf course right at the bottom of the canyon right on the Snake River. You will not get your ball back if you over shoot the hole...the Snake will have it forever!

I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



1st May 2021

Enjoying the Pics
The pictures are beautiful. How’s Kevin doing at 6000 ft? I would be huffing and puffing. I thought the first picture of the Devil’s Slide was the Great Wall of China! Stay safe and have a great time.
2nd May 2021

Dave Gossard
Oxygen baby Oxygen

Tot: 0.188s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0786s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb