Flying South for the Winter (2018-19) ... here we go again.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
November 27th 2018
Published: November 27th 2018
Edit Blog Post

It’s been a while since we set up this blog for our 2011/12 round the world trip but we are finally back.

Why now? Well it’s hardly risen above freezing here for the last few days (see the photos) and we think this is complete justification to go south for the winter!

Mexico, Easter Island/Chile, Argentina, Uruguay and Bolivia here we come!

Just like last time I intended to kick it off with a few packing shots but I think someone has hijacked the shots or her packing! As before I will add initial map of where we ‘plan’ to go as soon as I remember how to use the software on this site! Some of the travel needed to be booked but a good portion most is not. Let’s see how close we stick to the plan/map.

The anchor points of the trip will be Easter Island and the 82 mile hike referred to as the “O” Circuit in Torres del Paine, Patagonia. The former is somewhere we both saw pictures of as kids and probably never thought we would EVER visit. The latter we have heard great things about and expect to see glaciers and hopefully avoid blisters!

But first Spanish school in Oaxaca, Mexico! We visited Oaxaca a couple of years ago and its reputation for excellent food is fully deserved. I personally can’t wait to hit “bbq alley” where you pick the meat and veg from one vendor another cooks it up for you. Oh and for me to learn how to count beyond 10 in Spanish …

Larry, Troy and Leigh - thanks for your help whilst we are away.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0765s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb