Types of Team Building Activities


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
May 4th 2018
Published: May 4th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Team building is something that is getting a lot of focus nowadays, especially in the business world. Most organizations are moving from focusing on individuals to focusing on teams, and that has proven to be a good approach for most organizations. When you foster a team-oriented environment, your employees are more concerned about contributing to the environment rather than achieving their own goals.

There are many different types of team building activities that you can plan and arrange for your employees that can help increase the team spirit, and motivate people to work better in teams. It is always a good idea to start these activities before a project, instead of just putting people on the team, and forcing them to work together. With these activities, the employees will be better prepared to work well in a team.

One of the most common team building activities cumbria is case studies. You can divide your employees into teams, and the give each team a case study to work on. At the end of the day, every team will have to present their case study in front of all their colleagues, and the best team can then win a reasonable prize. This is an effective exercise, because people will put in their efforts and unique skills for solving the case study, and will come up with different ideas. They will have to brainstorm, which is very effective for team building.

Communication exercises are also very effective kinds of team building activities. You can give your teams certain problems or issues which can only be solved by communication, so they are motivated to communicate with each other. For example, you could devise a game such as survival scenarios. Give them an unfortunate scenario, and tell your teams to come up with plans to cope with these scenarios, and then present their plan in front of everyone.

Team building activities do not always have to be work-centered. You can also plan games and fun outdoor activities in which people can have fun, and not even realize that they are working towards team building. Tug- of- War is a great game in which different teams pull against each other and try to win. All aboard is a classic game, in which team members have to occupy a certain space and support each other physically.

Among popular team building activities is the Great Egg Drop. All the teams are given eggs and are asked to design containers which allow the eggs to be safe, even if they are dropped. This allows for brainstorming and all the team members will have to work with each other to come up with ideas, and then design the container.

You can even incorporate team building activities in your daily work routine. Joint coffee and tea breaks are a great way to motivate teamwork and communication. Regular social events and outdoor activities are also effective for improving the level of teamwork in the organization.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb