Finally a decent Coffee


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
October 20th 2017
Published: October 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

During my holiday research, I came across an article about a coffee festival and it was on the weekend Yvette and her mum Margaret arrived. I booked us tickets in the hope we will find a decent cup of coffee.
We were amazed at the varieties of coffee and coffee products. Australia was well represented by a Tim Tam booth and a couple of coffee stands (I hadn’t heard of any of the brands) we loved the coffee from Bluestone Lane, not only were they Aussies they were South supporters And enjoyed catching up on our club news, the newest thing in coffee is cold coffee and I don’t mean the nice ice coffee we get at home. People lined up for cold coffee like it was a bar. We tried the cold brew pumpkin flavour to give it a go and we will never get the taste out of our mouths. It’s literally cold water with coffee in it ... no milk they like to use coffee mate .... yucky. We did buy a jar of coffee spread which tasted like Nutella but coffee flavour.

After picking up a coffee to go from our friends at Bluestone Lane we headed to the subway to make our way downtown to visit the 9/11 museum. I was amazed at how much the area had changed since I last visited in 2012. The fences around the reflection pools were gone and it was all open. The station had a modern Westfield above it and they were still adding to it. The museum was well thought out and very emotional. You could wonder around for hours reading and looking at all of the exhibits.

Tonight we all have a Golden ticket to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The outside of the theatre was decorated with buttons that had signs not to push but of course everyone did which resulted in another sign lighting up to say you were naughty.
Wonka stole the show which was well staged and hilarious.

Sunday Mum and I headed out to MetLife Stadium to see the New York Jets play the New England Patriots in NFL. It was my first time seeing a NFL game live and it didn’t disappoint. Firstly the stadium was huge and they have a clear bag policy so I had to check my bag in and got a clear bag
6B5900DC-DCE4-4F47-BE3E-B97C69A2F407.6B5900DC-DCE4-4F47-BE3E-B97C69A2F407.6B5900DC-DCE4-4F47-BE3E-B97C69A2F407.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
for my wallet and phone. It’s very easy to locate the section you are in and thankfully had escalators as we were up in the nose bleed section but could see the whole field. It was a close game but the Patirots won. The stadium holds nearly 90,000 people and I think they all tried to catch the train home. It took us 30 minutes to get to the game but 120 minutes to get back to our apartment. Sydney people have NOTHING to complain about!!

I don’t know why I thought an early morning flight to Buffalo was a good idea, other than it was the closest airport to Niagara Falls. We had a good run out to the JFK airport but then it got busy with all the business people catching early flights. It was only a short flight to Buffalo. After picking up our hire car we headed to Niagara Falls.

Our first stop was the Aquarium, the Schoellkopf Power Plant ruins and discovery centre. We then caught the trolly car around to see the various viewing spots for the falls, stopped off in town for a late lunch at an old pub before heading to the Cave of the Winds where we needed ponchos. You don’t realise the force the water generates till you are deafened by the roar of the Falls and happy we had ponchos on. Unfortunately we missed the last boat for the Maid of the Mist but we were all ready to cross the Rainbow Bridge into Canada

Mum and I were booked into the Marriott Falls View and was fortunate to get a top floor room (31st) with an amazing view of the Falls

We started Tuesday by doing the Journey Behind the Falls attraction which left us so wet we wondered why we showered that morning. Thankfully it was a warmer day. A guide told us every attraction on the Canadian side relating to the Falls will require a poncho, including the movie and he wasn’t wrong. We did Niagara’s Fury, the White Water Walk, Whitepool Aero Car, the Butterfly Conservatory and finished with the Hownblower Niagara Cruise where we got soaked to the bone.

On the recommendation from a bus driver we had, we headed into town to have BBQ for dinner. Saying they had the best Poutine in town and I have to say she wasn’t wrong. I even acquired a gorgeous beer glass with a mable leaf on it for my beer glass collection.

After a little sleep in we had to check out of our gorgeous hotels and headed into town for a spot of shopping before our flights back to New York. Crossing the Rainbow Bridge into Canada was very easy but going back into the US was a longer process. Thankfully we were all allowed back in. Although a lot of souvenirs were purchased the last couple of days by everyone, we successfully checked in and weren’t over weight. Although our plane was delayed.









Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

F36603A5-D69D-4AFF-BEEE-E7D84C738DC1.F36603A5-D69D-4AFF-BEEE-E7D84C738DC1.
F36603A5-D69D-4AFF-BEEE-E7D84C738DC1.

Mum trying not to get too wet
33097138-06F5-4A00-847D-7D4A6E3B883F.33097138-06F5-4A00-847D-7D4A6E3B883F.
33097138-06F5-4A00-847D-7D4A6E3B883F.

Our view from our hotel room


Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb