Day 4--Go West,Pardner


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming
May 15th 2017
Published: May 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Today was a big day--- driving, that is. We spent eight hours driving, oh yeah, "big sky " is appropriately named. We were in Wyoming and Montana--Think about how big those states are! So we made but one stop at little big horn battlefield national Park and that was to learn about Crazy Horse's buddy, Sitting Bull. The video about Custers last stand was captivating. Did you know that the Lakotas, Dakotas and the Nakotas banded together in order to protect their land? Also, the reason why Crazy Horse is getting the sculpture is that he was the warrior and strategist and Sitting Bull was the medicine man. That's my history lesson for the day because I know you know what happened to Custer! So if you want depth and detail in blogs about our Alaska trip, read Quentin's. I'm just happy to ride along as we mosey on towards Cody(named for Buffalo Bill). Oops, One little anecdote: over drinks at the KOA, Tom talked about Cody and Jeremiah Johnston. ( I thought he was a bullfrog and so they laughed at me. He actually was a mountain man and was born in 1824.)that's all for now, Adios!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb