UT-ID-MT-WY


Advertisement
Published: July 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

2 Jul 2016: This leg of our journey takes us to Yellowstone National Park. It is a long drive so we left at 1015 and took the Interstate (15) up through Idaho where we stopped for lunch in Malad. My prior mission leads Elder and Sister Clark live in Malad and I thought wouldn'T it be wonderful if we ran across them while we were there? In a town of 2,095 that's not as farfetched as it might sound. Maybe I should'vecalled them. Well, we didn'T bump into them so the most I can say is that they were in our thoughts with fond memories of the time we served together at the Mesa ROC.

We continued through Pocatello, Rexburg and Idaho Falls before we turned off into the Park. We still had 56 miles to get to our campsite. The scenery here is nothing less than fantastic, even if just from the road. Elk and Bison roamed the Meadows and roadsides, feasting on grasses and sedges. Steaming vents expelled sulfuric fumes and the rivers were so picturesque. It is no wonder that Native American tribes from Washington to South Dakota visited or traded within the area.

We checked into the RV park about 1830. Jeanne's ribcage was very painful. This is the only campsite in the whole park with full hookups (electricity, water, sewer connections) so it was a little pricey with no senior discounts. Signs exhort us to be BEAR AWARE! and only hard-sided camping is permitted.due to their proximity. We have two cans of bear spray and know how to use it so as long as we'Re alert, we'll be fine. It does generate a little excitement to know you can encounter a bear at any time. Both Black and Brown bears inhabit the park.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0869s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb