Looking out the Window


Advertisement
Published: September 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Looking out the window is how most of the day was spent. Looking out the window and watching the beauty all around us. Looking out the window and reminiscing on the week we have had. Looking out the window taking in every last view that I could.

Today began the trek back home, the end of the adventure. So we packed up all our luggage, loaded the truck and hit the road one last time. We decided to take a longer route and go back through the park for our drive into Billings, MT. We saw more elk and bison and then before we drove out of the park, we saw a large crowd gathered. We stopped and joined the last park camera party. After joining in like we belonged there, we learn they were watching a grizzly bear and cub.

We stayed and watched the bears for quite a while. We took dozens of photos and realize even more that a bigger and better lens is needed. We learned while watching the bears that this particular bear is named Rasberry and is the offspring of the bear that was put down a couple of months ago because it had killed and partially consumed a man hiking off of a trail in the back country. I am not sure how they know this is the offspring of that bear or is the same bear they have seen in the area before. But I guess even criminal bears and their offspring are famous.

After taking all the photos we could of the grizzly and cub, we moved on towards the city of Cody, the next destination along our route. We drove through the Shoshone Forest and it was just as beautiful as any of the other areas we had visited. The terrain was different but still magnificent. We drove through Buffalo Bill's State park, beside lakes and through the mountains. We saw rough rugged mountains and lush green farms. We saw many enormous ranches and cabins - the type you dream of living on. I even sent a picture of one to my husband indicating that I had found us a cabin to buy, but he didn't take me seriously. We ended up in Cody and stopped for lunch and a little browsing.



We later continued on our trek up towards Billings. The landscape was so different, I couldn't help but to stare out the window the entire ride. I took many photos through the window trying to capture a portion of this wonderful place. But like most of the other areas, pictures just can not do it justice. We ended our day in Billings which is where this trip ends. An early flight tomorrow and then it is back home. I am anxious to see my family, but I never want to leave the mountains.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb