Yellowstone Extras


Advertisement
Published: July 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I had been wondering when I posted the last one where all of the pictures were. I did find them, but a little late so here is the final Yellowstone wrapup. We also have an additional blog entry from Ed as he had not been with us to add to the talk until recently.

Photos:
Danielle and Nicole in their Rock Shop at the Canyon Village Campground
Getting the Junior Ranger Badges at Yellowstone
A friend who joined us for breakfast at Canyon Village
Quiet…. Junior Artists at work
Roosevelt Country Cookout (Chuckwagon and horse rides)


From Ed:
After the great Roosevelt Chuckwagon Cookout, ( great food) we turned right out of the parking lot around 9:00 PM. Due to the time difference and being farther north, it was still light out. Right after the turn we ran into one of those famous Yellowstone roadblocks. Yes, one of those where man has reverted back to the hunter, but with the camera instead of the gun. The problem is in this case, man gets to take a least one hundred shots, not to mention the video camera. There was no less that 25 cars in front of us stopped for this one SUV that was parked halfway in the right lane. After a while everyone of the yahoos gets out and walks forward to see what all the commotion is about. Yes, there was 2 baby bears and momma frolicking up on a hill. Below the bears a narrow 2 lane road runs through, where we happened to be stuck after a long day of hiking, eating, and just being, being now tired that is. As we inched our way, another yahoo stops on the other side of the road and yes, he stands up on his supreme SUV taking pictures as he tells the rest of the world to go to hell, he can take his pictures and now hold up not 25 cars, but 75 cars. So, we are now down to less than one lane while trying to get an RV and having to snake through and around the mighty egos. As we creeped forward after 20 minutes to face the might egos and their supreme chariots of steel, I protested. "Madam, you now know that you have more than 75 cars behind you trying to get by as you now take one hundred and fifty pictures of the same bears, not to mention the video?" "But this is Yellowstone, but this is Yellowstone," as she protested. "Yes, it is Madam, and it is not New York City, so would you please move your vehicle, so the others can get by?"

Interesting, I would find human behavior more interesting than the animals. It is always interesting to me how far humans think they can take their rights and run over the rights of others and not blink an eye. Of course, as she turned the video camera on me, I am sure she will tell her friends and family, "And this is the asshole that told me to move my car after me taking 150 pictures of the bears, the video, and holding up 75 cars for over 30 minutes, so I could". Go figure, and with picture and video, you can edit it anyway you want to. The media, politicians, and historians do it all the time. Americans suffer from this disease. Who the hell are we to tell the rest of the world to live? Makes you think doesn't it.

Ed



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb