Grand Tetons and Yellowstone National Parks


Advertisement
Published: September 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Out early (7:15) in the morning to watch the sun come up on the Grand Tetons. It is a spiritual feeling. The colors are amazing as the sun was breaking through the clouds. What a way to start the day!

We spent the entire day making our way through Yellowstone. There was alot of congestion. I suppose people were extending their Labor Day holiday. We made it to Old Faithful about 2pm, just us and several hundred other people. Can you find Ed in the crowd? Ed said that the eruption of Old Faithful was one of the best he has seen.

As we were driving through Yellowstone, we had a very funny moment went a large male Bison was walking down the middle of the road. The problem was, it was on a curve and you had to drive between him and the guardrail. We were with several of the other sports cars and no one wanted to go around the Buffalo... It was very funny!

When we left the park we drove out on the Bear Tooth Highway. OMG! I think that will be the highlight of the trip for the ones that were driving. We were up over 10,000 feet, steep climbs, lots of hairpin turns just a truly amazing drive!

It is hard to imagine doing SO MUCH in one day! INCREDIBLE!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 54; dbt: 0.1041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb