Yellowstone


Advertisement
Published: January 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Matt and I left our hotel this morning at 6:30 AM and began our journey to Yellowstone National Park with the Scenic Safaris tour group. There were nine other people in our group and our group leader's name was "Boone". He was very knowledgeable about the park and an excellent tour guide.
We drove to the entrance of Yellowstone, had a great breakfast and picked up our snowmobiles at the Flagg Ranch at the southern entrance to the park. We entered the park around 9:30 AM and snowmobiled up to Old faithful geyser which was about 30 miles or two hours north. We stopped many times along the way to see beautiful waterfalls and gorgeous scenery.
Old Faithful erupts daily at approximately 11:30 AM and we were able to witness this daily occurrence.
After a quick lunch we went back on our snowmobiles and road another 20 miles north to another geothermal area called upper geyser basin. There we were able to see hot springs, geysers, and mud pots. In total today we were able to snowmobile 99.5 miles through Yellowstone National Park.
The weather was sunny and clear, we were able to see for miles around with very few clouds in the sky. We were able to see three herds of Buffalo grazing along the side of the trails. They are huge animals!
After a fun day of snowmobiling we grabbed a quick dinner at the gun barrel restaurant in town. A day we will never forget!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb