Jackson & Grand Teton National Park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Jackson
June 18th 2009
Published: June 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The Grand TetonsThe Grand TetonsThe Grand Tetons

This is a view from Jackson Lake
We are loving Jackson Hole!!!! It's a great town, with lots to see and do. We ventured into Grand Teton National Park (GTNP) today and I have to say it was one of the most amazing places I have ever been! We feel so blessed to be on this trip and to be seeing the majesty of our Lord!

After a great nights rest, we started the day having breakfast at Bubba's BBQ, where biscuits and gravy were the house favorites (see pic) I managed to eat 1/4 of mine. After that we headed north into GTNP. We stopped at the cool visitor's center and then traveled to Jenny Lake. While driving we saw 4 elk (we think) and one sly coyote creeping across the road (sorry no pic of that). Had fun walking around. After Jenny Lake we drove further north to Jackson Lake Lodge, where Lelah saw a real cowboy, at the lodge's service station. It was an old guy wearing a cowboy hat and Lelah looked at him and said "Are you wearing a cowboy hat?" and the man said yes and then she asked "are you a cowboy?" and the man said "well, yes I am!"
The MooseThe MooseThe Moose

Lelah loves this moose!
and then his friend said "yeah, a drug store cowboy!". It was all too funny and way over Lelah's head. They had horses at the lodge as well, which Lelah loved!

After our park excursion we decided to head home, get cleaned up and then go to the 6pm cowboy shoot out in downtown Jackson. We waited for the show to start and at the first shot Lelah freaked out, started to cry, wanted to go home, so we left and had a yummy dinner at the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar restaurant. This place is special because my parents use to hang out there in the 70's, when they were hunting guides in the area. I'm sure there's more to that story, but I don't want to keep you.

Well we're pulling up stakes tomorrow and we're sad to go. We're on our way to Yellowstone and then Cody.

Love and blessings,
The Moeller Family


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Jon and his cup of bubbaJon and his cup of bubba
Jon and his cup of bubba

We liked the mugs at this place.
Lelah's cup of bubbaLelah's cup of bubba
Lelah's cup of bubba

Just kidding! She was stirring my coffee for me.
"low-cal breakfast" in Jackson"low-cal breakfast" in Jackson
"low-cal breakfast" in Jackson

This is a half order, whatever that means....
The ElkThe Elk
The Elk

You can just barely make out their little butts.
The antler archThe antler arch
The antler arch

There are four of these arches in the town sqaure. Really cool.
Jon and LelahJon and Lelah
Jon and Lelah

Waiting for the show to start.
A CowboyA Cowboy
A Cowboy

It was right about then when Lelah freaked out.


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb