Day 11 - sitting the honeymoon traveling junior varsity bench


Advertisement
Published: September 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

After two days of general laziness, we are back on our A game and ready to check out the sites. First up, we drove out towards Moose, Wyoming to have breakfast at Dornan’s Chuckwagon. All outdoors. Picnic tables. Classic ranch style cooking facilities with a big open grill and fire pit. We were here specifically for the famed sourdough pancakes and what we were hoping would be a taste sensation. It wasn’t. They were pretty much like any other pancakes.

With our bellies full, we head over to Jenny Lake. It was a beautiful clear, sunny, hot day and we were ready for a bit of a hike up to Hidden Falls and Inspiration Point for some fresh air and stunning vistas. That was until we were about half way up and both of us were knocked sideways by the altitude. Normally, Jon suffers most but today was my turn. I just couldn’t see straight. Even a simple step threw my balance and made me feel confused about where was safe to put my foot down. I had never really experienced this before so it came as a bit of a surprise. Turns out we wanted to be on our A game but were really just barely qualifying for the junior varsity team with these energy levels.

On our way out for the day we swung past the Jenny Lake Lodge to see just what the $600+ per night accommodation had to offer. Meh. From the parking lot, we couldn’t discern anything worth even half that amount. Plus, where we would be on this trip without our Pioneer Grill? You guessed it, we had lunch AND dinner here separated by a glorious nap. Our waitress at dinner was super nice - Greta - and wanted to know all about the honeymoon plans. When we retired to the bar, she had champagne brought to our table courtesy of the house while Tom, our favourite entertainer, played us a song again. Apparently, in the biz, this is called a magic moment. We were impressed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0738s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb