Day 4 continues...


Advertisement
Published: August 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello to everyone whose taken the time to "track" The Sadowski-Sherffius-Salinas' Back To Nature Vacation!

The Sherffius' and Salinas' separated from The Sadowski's on Day 4. The Sadowski's were so amazed by Yellowstone and all it had to offer, that they headed back up north (from the "Ranch") to view Old Faithful. While the Sherffius' - Salinas' headed down south to The Grand Tetons.

Sherffius-Salinas -

It's absolutely breath-taking to see the Teton Mountains reflecting off of Jenny Lake! We tried to capture the beauty of the mountains (please see pictures) however, seeing them in person has been unbelievable!

Being The Sherffius-Salinas' are "doers" we took the opportunity to take a Sceanic Float Trip on The Snake River. We started in Deadman's Bar and ended in Moose Junction. While "floating down river" we were witness to wildlife (moose-eagles-deer-bison-sightings). Needless to say, we (see picture) could also be classified as "wildlife" by the way we looked in our "floatees". Ha!

After a full afternoon of taking on The Snake River, we headed back up north to Coulter Bay for dinner. By some luck, we found, believe it, a Mexican restaurant! Muy Bueno! The tamales were outstanding! AND
Ready to Face The Snake RiverReady to Face The Snake RiverReady to Face The Snake River

Does this life vest make me look fat?
that's a 4 star rating coming from true tamale foodies!

With a full day of hiking the Tetons, sight-seeing, rafting and tummies full of good food, some of us (Ashton) crashed at the cabin.

Sadowski's-

We headed back to Yellowstone thinking that we could make it a half day trip... but "Noooooo". This time we ran into a huge traffic jam of fellow visitors! Construction around the park didn't help either. But "Oh well"! Being that we moved very slow or at times, not at all, Shayla was still able to cross off several animals off her "Animal Sighting" game. Being a quick thinker, Shayla declared that anyone that was able to see an animal was "Cool" and she was starting a Cool Club! Being that she has sighted the most animals, she was the "Coolest"!

This trip we took the time to "Shop" at Old Faithful Village and to "Stop" and smell the roses, errr I mean took our family pictures at the major sights: Continental Divide, Yellowstone entrance and of course once again at Old Faithful! It was a stress-free day. It was a very nice way to end our day! Speaking of ending our day, DeeDee ended it by tasting a wonderful "Daqueri"! Much needed.






Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Just Worn OutJust Worn Out
Just Worn Out

Sleeping Giant???
YellowstoneYellowstone
Yellowstone

Welcome to Yellowstone!
Continental DivideContinental Divide
Continental Divide

We're how high?
Old FaithfulOld Faithful
Old Faithful

One last blast!


2nd August 2008

Too much fun!
Maria - thanks so much for sending me the link! You guys look like you're having a great time. Can't wait to hear more details. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb