day five of the journey!!!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Gillette
August 17th 2009
Published: August 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

*YAWNS* i am BUSHED! This morning we had MORE waffles (this time the cooking part turned out great! They only sucked today because of there only being suger free syrup...ehem.) then went to the corn palace! It wasn't what i expected. There was a lady making pop corn balls and she gave us free samples and told us about how they ship them to the soldiers and blah blah blah (that's what her stories turned into as i focused on the pop corn...). After that mom saw a giant Jackalope statue that she INSISTED we stop and take pictures on despite. Despite my curses on her life, she pulled over and promptly walked straight into a puddle full of mud and algae!HA After she fished her shoe out and made me stradle the weirdo thing RIGHT on the highway infront of God and everyone (even the cows were looking at me like i was special!) we got on the road and drove for five hours. yes five hours, and GUESS WHAT!! I didn't have to stop to pee once :D We stopped in at Wall Drug for lunch and walked around untill Gabe made it clear that he was ready to leave to the public! It was def interesting! There was even a giant dinosaur...yea kinda random in the middle of a western town. huh whatever! After that we drove about two hours through some Gorgeous hills and i saw a camel! YES a camel...why it was out there in a bunch of cows i will never know :p And screw them for calling it Buffalo country! I didn't get to see one friggin buffalo. Mom said she saw one but i personally think she just wanted to see me almost jump out of the car trying to see. Now we're in our hotel eating canned chicken and praying Gabe doesn't get us kicked out of here...


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



18th August 2009

glad ya'll are having a good "trip". haha. i love all three of you wonderful moore familyyyy!! ;)
18th August 2009

I love you
I love your story and travel journal. You are hilarious! Gabe is so darn cute! You look great girl! Tell your mom that I love her too! Have a great day and be safe! I love you, Auntie Deb

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 5; ; mem: 1.1mb