day four of the journey!!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » South Dakota » Mitchell
August 16th 2009
Published: August 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It's 9:51 pm and we're here in...we'll just say interesting, Mitchell South Dakota. It's small but has some cute attractions (like the Corn Palace- a building completely made out of corn and grains grown around the town). We drove alot today! About 8 hours all together. The interstate in Iowa was halariouse!! it was one lane most of the way and had grass growing through the concret. I guess not many people go on Iowa's interstate! Really the only thing we saw today while we drove was corn! fields and fields of corn and maybe a patch of soy beans here and there. it was rainy when we first started out but as we went it turned into fluffy white beautiful clouds. it was a good day driving (partially thanks to Eclipse for keeping me company during the long ride). For dinner we went to a place called Whiskey River which was pretty good but it was no Chili's (which we searched for high and low but ALAS there wasn't one to be found). Tomorrow we're going to go to the Corn palace, Wall Drug (whatever the heck that is!lol mom insists it's awesome and tells me we went there when i was little so we'll see!), and HOPEFULLY Mount Rushmore!! then we'll head for Gillette wyoming.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



17th August 2009

Corn Palace
I'm glad one of my family members gets to see the corn palace (not just one of you but 2!) My addiction to the History channel as given me the privilege to see the Corn Palace in on the Most Extreme, or Most...[enter single descriptive word here]. Anyway, the show was talking about the Largest man made structures. Low and behold, the Corn Palace is the largest structure of produce (oddly, a lot of corn). Hope you enjoyed WalDrug (giggle, snort).
17th August 2009

Beautiful pics!
Hey taterbug. I miss you oodles. and oodles...and oodles. I love the pictures. Mom sooooooooo doesn't look old enuf to be a grandma! Gabe already looks older than last I saw him : ( BTW. Loved being the one that got to tell dad about the alotted ticket...hahaha Love you doll, Beth

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb