7/15/13 - Cody, WY - 3rd Day - Gunfight at Irma Hotel


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Cody
July 15th 2013
Published: July 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

7/15/13 - Cody, WY - Today Shelby T. was reading some literture on Cody and saw a POWWOW was scheduled for 6/15/13. Got all excited and rushed everyone to get ready so we would not miss the grand entry. Everyone got ready, we rode to the Museum, , , nothing seemed to be going on. Shelby T asked some workers in the parking lot, Where is the POWWOW? With a quite walk to the truck, one of the workers said "That was last month, 6/15/13." Yep, Shelby T saw the 15th and got all excited. Maybe he has been on the road to long this trip !

Then we rode to the dam. Was somewhat interesting.

Once we left the dam, we rode into downtown Cody, walked the streets, visited the DugUp Gun Museum, then headed to the Irma Hotel for a drink and the gunfight.

The Museum had quite a lot of guns which had been found/dug up from all over and all time periods. They even had some from Georgia.

We then bellied up to the bar at the Irma Hotel for a drink. Jack and Shelby T - Crown (price was very reasonable,cheaper than in Georgia) while Barbara, Aleta, Dakota, and Briar had a soft drink at the original bar. We stepped outside for the gunfight which was amusing and FREE. We did pay $2.00 per chair to ensure a good seat for the show.

Back to the RV park and Aleta fixed baked chicked, green beans, chicken flavored rice, and garlic bread for supper.

Walked to DQ for ice cream.


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb