Parking lot...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Buffalo
September 29th 2007
Published: September 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Right now we are stealing internet in the Comfort Inn parking lot in Buffalo, WY. So far our trip has been amazing!!!!!!!! The midwest was boring... especially eastern South Dakota. A whole lot of NOTHING- except the world's ONLY corn palace!! But then we arrived at the Badlands and we got to see some topography! We hiked through the Badlands in western South Dakota and then continued to Rapid City into the Black Hills National Forest. We camped in Custer State Park which was beautiful. The leaves were changing and the mountains were tall. This weekend is the Annual Buffalo Herding Round-Up in Custer State Park, so the park was bustling with buffalo herders.

The camping has been nice.... Allison got a new sleeping bag that keeps her warm (she found out that the one she had for the first night was not warm enough). Gina is a master with the grill basket..... mmmmmmmmm those hot dogs are TASTY!

Today, we hiked through the Black Hills, which was beautiful. It was about 3 miles and took us about 2 hours of uphill and steep rocky downhill.

Buffalo seems like a nice town. It's raining here and very chilly! We looked into hotels, but they are unexpectedly very expensive... so we are going to tough it out and camp... even if it ends up inside the car!

Next stop after this... Grand Tetons and Yellowstone!!!!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb