Mountains Galore!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Jackson Hole
October 3rd 2007
Published: October 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We are currently in Jackson Hole, WY- our future home. We've decided that we are definitely going to move here. It's incredible. We are in love with the town of Jackson, but the Grand Tetons are what sold us. They are INCREDIBLE! As we were driving from Buffalo, we couldn't see them yet and we kept thinking they would show up eventually. Then we turned a corner and BAM! There they were and we got out of the car screaming because we were so excited! They are soooo cool. We've done a lot of hiking in the past 3 days here.

The first night in the Tetons, we camped at a very cool campground. Unfortunately, it was very chilly... 30 degrees chilly. Luckily, Allison has an old camp friend, Maddy Bennett, who lives with her husband in Jackson. They opened their home to us and it has been incredible. They are the cutest couple and we want them to adopt us! They've shown us the good hikes and places to see. The best part about it is that they let us stay in their guest bedroom... I dont think we've ever appreciated a bed so much in our lives!

Today (Wednesday) is very rainy and cold and we've heard that several roads going into Yellowstone are closed due to snow. So we are rethinking our route now and we might just head straight to Seattle from here and extend our trip longer after the Pacific Coast. We haven't decided anything yet, but dont worry- we will keep you all updated.

Advertisement



4th October 2007

Sounds amazing!

Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1000.5kb