Beer and Cheese Don't Mix


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Milwaukee
August 11th 2011
Published: August 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So we rolled out of Cubs stadium and into one of the biggest party scenes in the country. I mean where else can you see a live band with a huge dance floor on a Tuesday night other than The Cubby Bear. After the bar we hit a man vs. food nation favorite and had shots of Jack and giant sandwiches in that order.

We decided to take surface roads out of Chicago on the way to Milwaukee. We passed by huge mansions and occasional picturesque shots of the lake. In a few hours we were knocking on Milwaukee's door and we hit a Motel 6 by the airport. Motel 6 is apparently now taking long term delinquents to stay and ruin the place. There were six kids drinking beers and cussing in the pool so we had to completely strip down the bikes for fear something would be stolen or vandalized. I fell asleep listening to these bastards cussing and smoking outside of our window.

Next day we made a bee-line for the Harley Davidson museum. Bryon hss been claiming Leche as an epileptic service dog so we got her in too. After that we
PickedPickedPicked

I think we found the guy who actually buys from American Pickers
ate ribs and chicken at another man vs. food place which just aired August 3rd called The Red Rock Saloon. Corrina, our hot waitress, snapped a shot with us. Then it was time to get busy with the brew. We hit the Miller factory to the west of town and got a free tour with beers at the end. Check out the keg stand photos. Overall Im giving Milwaukee a two thumbs up. I always thought it was on par with Detroit but that is simply not true. The downtown is clean and most of the historic sites have been saved. Im struggling to recall seeing even one bum!!

We rode slowly over to Miller Park and got a ten-cent tour from one of the guides. Then we made a heading for Fond Du Lac to go camping. We decided not to bushwhack this time and actually paid for a real camp site. We settled down in anticipation of a long ride through Wisconsin.






Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Easy Ridin'Easy Ridin'
Easy Ridin'

We tried to get the HD museum swap our bikes for these
King KongKing Kong
King Kong

They said we could have this one instead
Racin' DogRacin' Dog
Racin' Dog

When I asked Leche if she wanted to go for a ride on tis one she tucked in under my chin. I think she misses the Ducati too
Rain GearRain Gear
Rain Gear

Bryon learned his lesson about rain gear


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb