What made Milwaulke famous, made us pretty drunk!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Milwaukee
August 10th 2011
Published: August 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Left Madison for Milwaulke in the morning and was looking forward to a shorter easier ride east. Not so, it seemed that everywhere I tried to go, had roadworks! Ended up at a dead end more than once, was on the wrong side of the unmarked road and tried to go up an off ramp! All in one day, which should have been straightforward travel.

Finally reached Milwaulke where we locked up the bike, changed, showered and just took the bus to downtown. Then took another to Millar Valley brewery, where they make over 150 different beers! This is a free tour and they give you three different beers and pretzels at the end! Other brewery tours could learn a lot from here! Interestingly, this brewery and very many others are owned by 'South African Brewing company'! It's either them or the Belgians I'm afraid.

Got back on the bus to look for the 'bronze Fonz' just to say 'heyyyyyyyy! Couldn't find it however, so did a river walk instead and found a wonderful open air pub, with a great vista. Loving Milwaulke big time!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.269s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0729s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb