Day 3.1 Milwaukee


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Milwaukee
September 3rd 2010
Published: September 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

We drove straight to the Best Western In Town Hotel and found that we have arrived in the middle of the Milwaukee 2010 HOG Rally. Glad we booked before leaving Aus!! Got chatting to a few guests on what's on and where!!

Dropped off our bags and headed straight to the Harley Museum. Got there about 2.30pm.

Wow, so much going on including HD Factory demo rides of the 2011 models. There must have been 40+ bikes available. Well we couldn't miss out on that.

We both took two different bikes. Road Kings to start and then I took a trike and GB an Electra Glide.

It was great fun as it was a marked route of about 8 - 10 miles and unaccompanied. That is they gave you the route and off you went. Included some suburban roads and freeways -about 20 minutes round trip. Magic!!! Outcomes for both of us is that whilst the bikes are great just too much heat coming off the engines - even on the freeways. The trike was a hoot but not for me - anyway not available in Aus.

After a bit of liquid refreshment - nice Milwaukee ale, we headed into the Museum proper. This was about 4-4.30pm. We got kicked out at 8.00pm!! It is absolutely the best, in fact we didn't see it all and will be going back tomorrow morning to finish off before heading off to Decatur.

Having been thrown out of the museum we were felling a bit thirsty and hungry. So we went to the HD restaurant over the road. GB had a massive plate of ribs and I a huge burger with melted blue cheese, pickles, chips etc. We have the photo's which I'll try and get up soon.

To help quench our thirst we had a local dark beer brewed under the HD name called Engine Oil. We had to have a couple as it was so good!! They also gave us a sample of the other brew they make - Gasoline!! This is a more traditional lager but we reckon only about 91 octane. All in all a top feed and thirst quenched for the princely sum of US$45.00 total for both of us!!

Started to rain in the evening so headed back to the hotel for some well earned rest. My feet are killing me!!

Advertisement



4th September 2010

Sounds great!
Glad to see you're having a good time Dad!

Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0161s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1018.1kb