Day 6: Chicago to Milwaukee


Advertisement
Published: June 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Another good day today! While Jerome practiced and met another friend for lunch, I went with Chie to Navy Pier! At Navy Pier, we had lunch at the famous Billy Goat Tavern. I had a "cheeseborger" and chips. We then toured the nation's only stained glass museum, which was pretty neat to look at. There were many varieties of glass from all ages. We then rode the ferris wheel and took a bus to the beach. Though I did not have my swimsuit, I took my shoes off and walked arounds the shore of Lake Michigan. The water was freezing cold, but there were a few brave swimmers out there having fun. There were a lot of people on the beach playing volleyball and other games.

We then took the bus back to Chie's apartment, where we had parked our car, met Jerome, and left. We were going to camp out that night in-between Chicago and Milwaukee, but due to very bad weather, we decided to get another hotel. Jerome found us a deal through Hotwire at Baymont Inn and Suites, so we made the drive up there. Once there, we ate at Five Guys and had great cheeseburgers!

More to come...


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb