The Homecoming


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Madison
January 10th 2007
Published: January 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Welcome HomeWelcome HomeWelcome Home

Previous students from Head Start and I at the welcome back party at the community center where I used to work.
It has been said that you don't realize how much you love someone until they are gone, but this was probably said by someone who has never been away and returned after months. I have never felt such profound love and support from my family and friends as when I returned home.

My hope that is that everyone, during their lifetime, is lucky enough to have:
1. A dad who will sneak a pitbull into the baggage claim area of Chicago O'hare airport to see its mommy after being away for 5 months.
2. Employment at an agency that will happily welcome you back and find you a job that fits you perfectly (and pays more than you previously made!), while acting like its you that is doing them the favor.
3. A community of families that you used to work with that will come to a party thrown by your former boss to welcome you back and shower you with hugs and kisses and relief that you are home safe.
4. An aunt who will organize a Holiday gathering at your grandparents' nursing home so that the family can be together for Christmas.
5. A chance to marvel,
My Aunt, About to Cut the CheeseMy Aunt, About to Cut the CheeseMy Aunt, About to Cut the Cheese

At the nursing home. Yes, I get my sense of humor from my family. I apologize :)
once again, at the preacher of your grandparents' church, who, even though its Christmas, is still preaching fire and brimstone.
6. Another chance to see your grandparents.
7. Families that you used to work with offer to rearrange their homes and their children's sleeping arrangements, so that you have a place to stay until you find an apartment.
8. The same families act like you are in no way disrupting their lives and that they are excited to have you there, when you take them up on the previous offer.
9. Coworkers who will network to find you a cheap apartment
10. The joy of seeing snow and then promptly becoming bitter because school is cancelled due to weather.
11. Friends who act like you haven't missed a beat while you were away.
12. Emails waiting in your inbox from previous students...AND
13. The opportunity to teach!

Stay tuned for stories of cute preschool munchkins and life back in the states!




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Oooooo!Oooooo!
Oooooo!

My grandma and gram at Christmas.
Happy PuppyHappy Puppy
Happy Puppy

Baggage claim stealth dog, smiling.
Cory Shows Off His PenguinCory Shows Off His Penguin
Cory Shows Off His Penguin

Suprisingly, Cory's penguin turned out slighty better than most of my preschoolers'. At least his penguin only has 2 feet :) (top hat...not my idea)
Diego and KristinDiego and Kristin
Diego and Kristin

So many great surprises upon my return. Kristin adopted a Diego. Soo cute!
Snow!!!Snow!!!
Snow!!!

Taken out my bedroom window. The white car is mine. It took me an hour one day to shovel it out of the snow. C'mon spring!


24th March 2007

you are so loved!!!
We are all so glad you are home. You don't realize how special you are to so many people. Get use to it!!

Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb