Wisconsin


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » La Crosse
October 23rd 2013
Published: October 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We drove up the Wisconsin (eastern) side of the Mississippi River, following the Great River Road. The Great River Road is a collection of state and local roads that follow the Mississippi River through the United States and is more of a tourist or historic pathway than anything else. (In the picture you can see that this stretch is also designated one of America's Byways, presumably for its scenic significance.) We stopped intermittently to snap photos and admire the view. There is a terrific overlook in La Crosse, Wisconsin and we would have spent more time admiring the scenery if it hadn't been so cold. (At least we had no more precipitation!) Our high today was 41, so it was warmer than yesterday, but the wind blowing down the valley caused us to put on all the layers we brought whenever we went outside. For those of you who remember Watkins products - e.g. vanilla extract, liniment, salve - we visited the Watkins museum in Winona, Minnesota and Maggie enjoyed seeing the old bottles and labels that she remembers from her childhood.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb