Minnesota


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Minnesota » Bloomington
October 24th 2013
Published: October 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

This morning we continued our drive up the Mississippi River on the Great River Road. We stopped in Red Wing, Minnesota for a latte. It is the home of Red Wing Shoes which are still being made here. We crossed over to the Wisconsin side once more and stopped in the town of Prescott where the Saint Croix River flows into the Mississippi. You can see the distinction between the two rivers for some distance downstream of their confluence because the clear water of the Saint Croix doesn't immediately mix with the muddy Mississippi. ( I admit that this is a little difficult to discern in the photo, but trust me, it's true.) After that we drove into the Twin Cities, or more precisely, we drove to Bloomington. We wanted to see the Mall of America, a large shopping mall with roller coasters, an aquarium, a Legoland, multiple restaurants, a myriad of stores, and I don't know what all else. We ate lunch in the mall and then walked around. It was busy, especially considering we were there on an ordinary weekday afternoon. It must be packed on weekends in December!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.309s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 60; dbt: 0.1311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb