Tremblay's Sweet Shop


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Hayward
November 3rd 2012
Published: November 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

June 2010

We have visited Trembaly’s many times. Both of my sisters and their husbands love to fish. Every year they go to one of the lakes near Hayward, Wisconsin and fish for a week. Not loving to fish quite as much as they, we only make this vacation once every three to four years. The best part of the trip though is the one day mandatory drive to Tremblay’s.

Hayward has one of those downtowns devoted primarily to tourists. However, I’ve never once groaned about going back to Hayward again. I even got my hair cut at the local barber one year. After shopping for that fishing t-shirt with just the right slogan (I mean you just can’t have enough of those, right?), and maybe having a pastry from the local bakery, everyone eventually will stroll into Tremblay’s.

Tremblay’s is a family owned, old fashioned, candy store that was established in 1963. And what a candy store it is! As you enter, grab a basket and start to shop. I have no idea how many different varieties of candies they have, but you won’t be disappointed. Once your basket or baskets is filled, your last stop, before check out, has to be the fudge and chocolate counter. The homemade chocolates are my reason for always visiting Tremblay’s when in Hayward. Once you have all the calories your diet will permit, take your stash to the lumberjack show, and enjoy the rest of your day.

Years ago we would always eat dinner at a restaurant themed after a lumberjack camp. The last two times we’ve been there, however, it was closed. Miss those plate sized donuts. But don’t despair. Just down the road my sisters took us to a joint where they serve a feast on a garbage can lid. There is so much more than drowning worms in the Hayward area. Enjoy!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.269s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb