Lambeau Field


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Green Bay
October 15th 2012
Published: October 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

September 2010

Before setting out on our exploration of Door County, Rod wanted to stop first to see Lambeau Field, the home of the Green Bay Packers. Rather than just drive by and “see” the field, we decided to take the first tour that started at 10:00. You can buy a combo ticket that includes both the tour and a visit to the Hall of Fame. We opted to take just the tour.

They first take you outside to Harlan Plaza and introduce you to Curly Lambeau, the founder, player, and first coach of the Green Bay Packers and Vince Lombardi, Head Coach of the Packers from 1959-1967. After those two short biographies, it’s back inside.

We were taken upstairs where we sat in one of the Club Lounges so we could get a field perspective from the VIP level. From there it was down to the basement. We were not allowed in the locker room, but did exit through the tunnel that the Packers use to enter the field on game day.

While standing behind the goal post, we were encouraged to yell “Go Packers” or something, I don’t exactly remember, so we could experience the echo effect within the stadium. They wouldn’t allow us, though, to do the “Lambeau Leap.” Not that I could jump that high anyway.

It was a very informative tour that lasted about an hour, and well worth the $10 we each spent.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.268s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0696s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb