Cave Tubing in Belize


Advertisement
Belize's flag
Central America Caribbean » Belize
October 12th 2012
Published: October 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

December 2004

The next time your cruise ship docks at Belize, make sure you have signed on for the cave tubing shore excursion. While one of the pricier excursions, our family found it was well worth the expense. We were there on Christmas day which made the experience even better.



Like most shore excursions you’ll board a bus that will take you to your destination. In this case, we drove for about an hour to the river that winds its way through the caves.



Once we arrived, we collected our gear: water shoes (additional rental, unless you have your own), life jacket, head lamp, and inner tube. I was a little reluctant to leave our personal items in the specified area, but at least for us, nothing was missing on our return.



We then hiked a short distance through the forest to our literal jumping off point. Once everyone in the group was floating, we began our guided journey. Leaving the sunshine behind, we entered the cave and turned on our headlamps. What fun!



A couple hours later we had floated back to our base camp. We enjoyed a lunch as part of our excursion price, and then returned to the ship. So the next time you’re in Belize, skip the duty free shops, and take the caving tubing tour. It still remains our boy’s favorite adventure.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.317s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb