Day 1


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We picked up the Rv at the Rental agency, brought it home and almost immediately began to load it with essentials in anticipation of our "take off". As it turns out we decided not to take a nap but rather, to push forward and ultimately left all "known" society and took to the open road.

We were not too far down 128 when the rain came down in torrents, hindering visibility and, yes increased the potential for accidents, which, surprise! happened. As if it were not enough a strange yellow wrench icon suddenly appeared on the dashboard of this brand new unit. As luck would have it, when we tried calling the number we were advised to contact in case of trouble, both of our cell phones stopped working. We pulled into a gas station closeby a collegue in Reading whereupon a gentlemen advised that the RV probably required service. I couldn't figure that out on my own..... We decided to shut the motor off and when we started it once again, the wrench was gone so we decided to press on.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



25th June 2012

pixs.
Nice pics! Harper's ferry looks very "cute". Please include a pic of you both with your 4 friends..love to see the RV your traveling in.. Happy trails, to you....peace sandy
25th June 2012

Hello
Hi Dan & Eileen, Glad that your trip is going well. The photos are great. Hope that your 4 friends are having as much fun as you. Travel safely.
25th June 2012

What a way to begin. I think I would have cried and said I wanted to go home. You are much better travelers than I would be. The pictures are beautiful. I am so happy for you. Keep sending them our way ane BE SAFE.
25th June 2012

pictures
loved the pictures....clear and crisp looking...want to see you two in some...what does the RV look like...safe trip...have fun...
27th June 2012

Beautiful
Dan the Pictures are beautiful, the pups look like they are enjoying the ride in style.. drive safe I look forward to reading about all your adventures. Meta

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb