Seattle Day 3-Kirkland, etal


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington
July 22nd 2012
Published: July 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well, it couldn't last. Saturday ended with beautiful clear, sunny skies. Today was the usual overcast, where did the sun go? Above the clouds of course. But that didn't stop us from having an unforgetable Sunday.

First off was a trip to Kirkland to enjoy this charming town on the lake. We enjoyed a street festival, which included a dog show. See pictures. Lunch at what appeared to be a hole in the wall Thai restaurant was excellent. Small, excellent service and food was enjoyed by all.

Our evening will be remembered by all. We were wined and dined at our new friend Karen's estate (Patti and Paul know Karen as a chicken farmer who delivers eggs to a local dining establishment). Karen is that, a chicken farmer, but also owns a corporation, and has a magnificant estate to which we were invited to dinner and met Karen's friends Jim and Ing. We started with wine in the woods, followed by tours of the chicken house and garden shed (let me tell you that these were not ordinary in any way). While Karen asked that I not post pictures on the internet, I will certainly show them to you on my iPAD. Then, after pictures in the garden, more wine and delicious appetizers at the waterfall. Then dinner in the formal dining room, preceeded by a tour of the entire mansion (even Patti and Paul had not seen all of the private spaces)). Would you believe that we began at 6 and ended at 1am? How time flies when you are surrounded by campatible people! Thank you Karen.

Then back to Patti and Pauls for a few hours of shut eye before we took off Monday for our next stage of our adventure.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb