Day 22


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington
October 5th 2009
Published: October 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

October 4, 2009
The Bloggers without borders are back in the USA!!! We left our hotel at 7:30am in order to insure a spot on the 10:30 ferry. When we got to the dock at 7:45 there were already people in line. The dock staff told us the crossing had been sold out for 6 days! He assured us we’d get on. The crossing takes about 90 minutes…I sit and read, Bill roams around checking to see if the crew needs any help running the ship…you know, maybe a tip or two on how HE would steer it into the dock!!!
After landing in Port Angeles, Washington we took off in search of a town called Forks. If any of you are “Twilight” fans, you know this is the town where some of the movie was made…and believe me the town is capitalizing on it! After lunch in Forks, we then drove to La Push…the beach that was featured in the film. It was magnificent…not because I’m a Twilight fan, I’ve never seen the movie; but it was our first glimpse of the Pacific Ocean and that was so very exciting!!! For Donna it was a thrill because of how much she loves the movie and the books!
Traveling down route 101 through northern Washington we caught other incredible views of the Pacific as we looked for a place to stop for the night. We landed about 40 miles north of Aberdeen at a little place that was run by an ex-Marine: The Quinault River Inn. It was quite lovely. We sat on the porch with our cocktails and watched the moon come up...perfect. Then we ate fluffernutters and went to bed.
Today’s Road Lesson: You never know what’s over the next hill.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0789s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb