Day 20


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Kamloops
October 2nd 2009
Published: October 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

October 2, 2009
Today we drove most of the day. We left the cabin in Johnston Canyon at about 9am. The road out of Banff and into British Columbia was difficult because it started to snow!!! But we carried on…stopped in a small town and ate lunch (the afore mentioned ham sandwiches) in the car! I was disappointed that we couldn’t see the views in B.C. but the fog was so thick that all the peaks were hidden. We arrived at Kamloops B.C. at about 3:30pm. Somewhere along the way the time changed again and we are now 3 hours behind Boston time…It’s getting harder and harder to keep things straight!
This morning while getting ready to leave, Donna told us this story. She got up during the night and sat in the living room of the cabin for a bit. She happened to look out the window and thought she saw a bear right behind the cabin next door! She was beside herself and kept staring and staring… was it a bear? She got out her little flashlight and tried to shine it through the window but only got the reflection off of the window! After about a half hour when “the bear” had not moved at all, disappointed, she went to bed. Imagine what she must have looked like at her post…in her nightgown, with her flashlight!! Even as she told the story, she was so sad that there was no bear…so were we!
Today’s Road Lesson: Wee Willie Winkie is alive and well and stalking bear in Banff!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb