sunday, october 12


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington
October 13th 2008
Published: October 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sunday october 12th
We awoke to approximately 12 inches of snow on the ground. With trepidation we dressed and moved outside to asses the situation at hand. Finding a hot spot, the internet was consulted as to highway conditions and group discussions ensued as to a sensible course of action. But then it was suggested that only one day previously we traversed the Portal on mountain bicycles that careened off rocks and slid at precipices within inches of certain death…..we were to continue forth as our destinies were no longer within our control.
With almost as equal disregard for our health we consumed bacon and coffee and other highly processed goods to fuel our adrenaline for the day to come, and on we went at speeds and lack of vehicular control unprecedented to this point.
It only lasted a few hours though, and before noon we were sailing up dry roads with sun again in our eyes, inadvertently killing numerous small birds who were otherwise too preoccupied to make use of their flight instincts. We stopped in Boise, Idaho, to again consult maps and weather reports and decide on preferred routes to our motherland. A route was chosen and fuel was once again pumped aboard in alarming quantities.
Acquiring food and various mercantile in Boise was an experience in itself, as we toured the largest most over crowded grocery outlet we have seen to date. Our troops were able to keep in contact with various cries of ‘DEY-OH!’ throughout the store, not unlike our calls that keep us together in the back woods of the cariboo.
So, on we press onward and the weather is holding nicely. We are hoping to make use of it, and put in a 12 hour day to cover as much distance as possible while travelling is good. Pictures have been reviewed and this blog is being written at the kitchen table over beers, as all other responsibilities aside from preparing supper, have been exhausted. Opportunities for further rides on our voyage North have yet to be determined.
We have become very competent at changing driver’s on the fly, and cycle through pilots with nary a wiggle on the highway.
Today we put in an 11 hour day and have settled at a parking lot in Soap Lake Washington. Inhaled a lasagna and salad dinner with a few bottles of manage a trios from California, elaborating on reality ever since. Read the posts and replies…..thanks Jill for the laughs…..we hadn’t laughed so mush since Salmon hung his ass out the motorhome……three times before we got so much as a reaction…….not a favourable reaction at that.
Thanks for the Garmin Dad, (we have since referred to as Carmen), it saved our skins through Kennewick, especially running from authorities who spied the aforementioned ass out the rear window.
Cheers,
Two scotts, two shawns, a dick and a Scotsman





Advertisement



13th October 2008

3 times?!! Excellent!
...and I didn't think I could be any prouder.......

Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb