holy snow storm


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Idaho » Boise
October 12th 2008
Published: October 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arose early, in excited anticipation of getting home to our wives and families. If a teleporting device was available, we would make use of it with cost being no object (we would have to purchase lithium crystals). But there isn't.
We had a walk-a-bout in moab and were able to leave in the early afternoon. Lively debates ensued as to the route home, but we heard there was some possibility of rain, so chose the more westerly route that would direct us away from the higher mountain passes.
After a few hours, we stopped in the blistering sunshine to partake of pizza at Donahues's request.
Heading north again we donned sunglasses and another coat of sunscreen and sang beach boy songs to each other as we traversed the interminable Salt Lake City freeway.
We soon became incredulous, then startled, then with emphatic glances at maps could not discern a way out of the hellish snow storm we drove into. Stuck on the freeway, with no way to retrace our steps, we passed snow plows and snuck under closing road barriers to the glee of Gordon who was screaming ‘woo-hoo’ and the horror of Donahue who couldn’t overlook the myriad of overturned vehicles lodged in the snow banks and in the ditch. We realized there was little to be concerned about as emergency vehicles were prevalent and, we were in fact the only vehicles left on the highway. We did the portal, the crazy Canadians can drive in a white out……for a while……be sure to look for us on the news…..
Here we sit in Rupert Idaho at 1:30 am. We were able to slide into the parking lot at a gas station with a few other semis, and we remain very optimistic as gas stations down here sell all sorts of alcohol. Stewart and Donahue created a fantastic meal of spaghetti and garlic bread and red wines, and we now sit suffonsified. Heavy snow is forecast until noon tomorrow, so all we can do is sit and partake of black butte porter and hope either the snow goes away or the gas station opens soon because we are going to run out…..and that is without a doubt.


Advertisement



12th October 2008

Beach Boy songs??!!!!
I'm not sure which to be more concerned about..the snow storm you're driving (or should I say drinking)in or the fact that you're singing Beach Boy songs to each other!!!! Snowed here too yesterday. Bet now you're even MORE anxious to get home. Who needs that pesky sunshine, warmth and general happy to be alive feeling? Excuse me while I sob uncontrollably..... Well, I know I've talked to at least one other wife who agrees that though we miss our men with gas..er..other halfs..this is the first time in a thousand years that we haven't had to cook an 8 course turkey dinner! Seems odd but strangely..ok. That's right honey, no turkey, at least not on thanksgiving. I'll wait till you get home to tell you ALL the OTHER things you're not having...what are you guys laughing at?! Seriously though, drive safely (sober is good)and remember to rest up..you don't want to miss the wednesday night ride!! xoxo
13th October 2008

you win!!!!!!!! ps dick gave him a blue pill

Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 13; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1083s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb