Day 52 - 53 08/13 - 08/14/2010


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Winthrop
August 26th 2010
Published: August 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Got up the earliest that we have the entire trip due to Leta being so anxious to cross the border into the lower 48. Saw a fox, no picture, too fast for photographer. Frasier Canyon, no picture, it wasn't moving, don't know what happened to photographer. Followed the Thompson River for a while, then the Nicola River. Saw many lakes, streams,livestock.
Had to go through agricultural inspection crossing to lower 48, but was nothing to what Leta and Shelby had to do on the way from lower 48 into Alberta, Canada on the way up. We all had to stop to fuel up immediately after crossing the border because we tried to spend as little money in Canada as possible. I think we all agreed we did not lose anything in Canada, and if we realize we did they can have whatever it was.
Had trouble finding a campground that would accomdate our rigs, since Passport America descriptions of properties are not always very accurate. We finally found a very nice campground in Twisp, Wa. a couple of miles out of Winthrop. Riverbend RV Park was an excellent park even we did not know that till the next morning since we arrived after dark the night before.
Rested today, caught up with some cleaning, and cooking. We discussed the route that we would travel over the next few days after dinner (yeah we had steak, potato, salad, garlic bread, and ice cream) so it was dinner not supper.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb