RIHLA #27: Exploring the News


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Tacoma
May 30th 2013
Published: May 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Feel guilty for taking leave? You're not alone.



This article is about a woman who feels guilty about taking leave and going to help her father that has Alzheimer's move into a nursing home and would have to sell his house that he lived in for 40 years. This is taking place in a work place in Tacoma Washington. This issue involves everyone is her work place, herself and father as well. The human right that is being violated is the right to pay because this right gives you the right to rest and leisure and be able to have time off to take care of things in there lives as well. This right is being protected and violated because she does have the right to take days off but she shouldn't be harassed by coworkers asking why and can someone else do. Honestly its really is not none of their business what a person does with their time off. Even though she does not want to let her job down. My thoughts on this issue would be to not feel guilty when you have to take time off and do things for your family. I thin enough is being done but she should fell guilty.

http://management.fortune.cnn.com/2013/05/23/family-leave-guilt/?section=money_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%!A(MISSING)+rss%!F(MISSING)money_topstories+%!T(MISSING)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.501s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1085s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb