Day 3 -Seattle City, Cruise, Locks


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
October 21st 2011
Published: October 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Vegies at the marketVegies at the marketVegies at the market

Vegies at the Pike Market
Seattle – Day 3 Oct 21, 2011

Museum of Flight – A great place to see all kinds of planes, and lots of friendly and knowledgeable personnel to answer any questions you may have. There is an Air Force One plane and a Concorde plane that you can walk in. We spent an hour and a half there but could have easily spent a couple hours more. We didn’t even get to two areas.

Pike Place Market – Wow, what a busy place! The market is huge with lots of stuff to look at. I did find the spice market and bought some candied ginger for my gingerbread cookies this year. I also purchased some smoked paprika. This is another place where you could spend hours at. We didn’t have much time though since we had to catch our harbor tour.

Argosy Cruise – We took the Argosy Harbor cruise which was a 90 minute tour of the bay area. This was included in the price of the City tour ticket book. It was nice to see the city scape from the water.

Underground Tour – It’s amazing how the city of Seattle had to be rebuilt
Pike MarketPike MarketPike Market

Pike Market
because it was built at sea level. The tour was interesting and fun. There are lots of open areas underground – it’s like walking through an old unfinished basement and it’s kind of nasty down there.

Hiram Chittenden Locks – The locks are a fun place to watch the boats passing through to the connecting waterways. There is also the salmon ladders exhibit there but there were no salmon there today since it was not a season when they run upstream, or maybe because it was later in the day when we got there, but I think it was because it is October and the wrong time of year to visit this place. We didn’t get to go into the visitor center either, since it was so late and it was closed. There is a little restaurant called the LockStop on the corner by the locks, and they have really good salmon chowder and fish n chips.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Pike MarketPike Market
Pike Market

Seafood at the Pike Market
PikePike
Pike

Pike Market sign
Air Force OneAir Force One
Air Force One

AirForce One plane
Astro -RobertAstro -Robert
Astro -Robert

Robert at Fligth Museum
Air Force One insideAir Force One inside
Air Force One inside

Air Force One inside
AirForce OneAirForce One
AirForce One

AirForce One
AstroAstro
Astro

Karen at Flight Museum
ConcordeConcorde
Concorde

Concorde - Flight Museum
Argosy CruiseArgosy Cruise
Argosy Cruise

Argosy Cruise ship
LocksLocks
Locks

The Locks


Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb