Are We There Yet?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
April 13th 2006
Published: April 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sports IllustratedSports IllustratedSports Illustrated

Gail checking out the hunky players!
It was with a rude awakening that the alarm rang woke us up at 4:15 am Thursday morning, especially as we didn’t finish packing until gone 2am due to last minute bits and pieces being thrown together! Our taxi arrived in his nice minivan at 5:30 to take us to Heathrow and he regaled throughout the journey the pros of having Sat Nav on his van, not something that one is interested in at that time of day! Whizzed through check-in and a few hours later we boarded the plane to start our 10 ½ hour trip to San Francisco.

Flying over Greenland was especially spectacular. The mountains and numerous massive glaciers were awe inspiring, and then there was the stunning scenery of Baffin Island and the cracks in the pack ice surrounding the area. Perhaps if we had bionic eyesight we may have spotted some polar bears ambling along the ice?

Arrived at San Fran airport at 1pm, then had a 3 ½ hour wait until our flight to Seattle left. Spent this time trying to keep our eyes open! Flying out of San Fran was lovely; the city looked beautiful in the glimmering light of the afternoon
ZZZZzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzz

Trying to stay awake.
sun, with the Golden Gate Bridge standing out like a proud sentinel guarding the city. The weather there was beautiful, nice and warm with clear blue skies, but the captain warned us that Seattle was under a blanket of cloud with plenty of rain falling, which apparently hasn’t stopped much for the last few months. Looks like during our stay we won’t fair any better?

After grabbing our luggage, we dragged them along like disobedient dogs to collect the car. For this trip we decided on something nice, big and sturdy considering we were heading up into dem dar snow covered hills and roads up in Northern British Columbia. By this time the eyes were nearly sealed shut with sleep, but we found the hotel just fine with Liisa’s own built in Sat Nav! Sleep was like meeting a long lost friend that night, particularly after being awake for 24 hours!



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

TootsiesTootsies
Tootsies

Didn't take long for me to get one of my feet!
San Fran AirportSan Fran Airport
San Fran Airport

Our view for 3 1/2 hours.
San Fran San Fran
San Fran

Above San Fran, with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background.
Downtown San Fran Downtown San Fran
Downtown San Fran

Up close and personal above San Fran.
Glistening in the SunGlistening in the Sun
Glistening in the Sun

Afternoon sun reflecting on the Bay.
Snow Covered MountainsSnow Covered Mountains
Snow Covered Mountains

Northern California under snow.
Puget SoundPuget Sound
Puget Sound

A glimps of the Sound peeking through the clouds over Seattle.
I See Land!I See Land!
I See Land!

The clouds part for a glimps of land and rain.
Almost There!Almost There!
Almost There!

Coming in for touchdown! Not long before I can sleep!


Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb