Seattle 8-10 August day 106 to 108


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
August 23rd 2009
Published: September 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

From Glacier National park to Seattle is it close to 1,000 KM so we had a 'technical stop' and stayed one noight in Coeur d'Alene in Idaho. It is a very pretty city, but more importantly it has a fantastic camera shop with wonderful people. Let me explain this. We had a problem with one of our camera flash cards. We couldn't use it anymore, it is a 16GB card with about 10,000 picturtes on it, we were desperate. Camera Corral in Coeur d'Alene fixed it for us, they had a cumputer program running all night and recovered 95% of our pictures and had them on 3 DVD's. All this for the price of 3 DVD's. Fantastic.

One of the reasons we went to Seattle is that we have some friends over there.
Jeff and Shannon are 2 ex colleagues of mine and both moved with their families to Seattle.
Jeff and his wife Judy had the great and generous idea to invite us for dinner and they invited Shannon and her husband as well, so we were all together, a great evening!

Seattle is a very interresting city, multicultural and seems to be a bit more laid back
SeattleSeattleSeattle

view of the bay
than most hyper active crazy cities. They managed to preserve the old buildings downtown as well as the nice victorian houses on Capitol Hill where we stayed in a nice B&B, called Gaslight Inn.

After all our hiking and nature explorations, it was a very relaxing few days.
We took the monorail and visited the Space Needle which is a must as well as the Smith Tower, one of the world’s first skyscrapers, one the tallest office building in the world outside New York City. Needless to say you get very nice fews from top of these buildings.
The dinner at Jeff and Judy's and rthe elaxed, openminded, diverse atmosphere of the Capitol Hill neighberhood certainly were the highlights of our stay.



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Vieuw from Smith buildingVieuw from Smith building
Vieuw from Smith building

the first stadium is for baseball the one in the background is a football stadium.
Dinner at Jeff and Judy'sDinner at Jeff and Judy's
Dinner at Jeff and Judy's

Robson, Shannon, Jeff, Judy and Shannon's husband Benjamin
Dinner at Jeff and Judy'sDinner at Jeff and Judy's
Dinner at Jeff and Judy's

Katie is taking the picture
Dinner at Jeff'sDinner at Jeff's
Dinner at Jeff's

Bejamin took the picture, so Katie, Jeff and Judy's daughter is on the picture.


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb