United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
April 24th 2009
Published: July 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

This was the first time Pearl and I traveled on separate flights to the same place; her flight was a few hours before my flight. When it was time for her to leave I walk her to her gate which was in a different terminal than my flight, after she left I stayed in the area and did some work, about an hour before my flight I started to head back to my terminal, only to find out that there was no way back, I had to go to security and explain to them what happened, and suggested to them that they should put up a sign that explains that there is no return.

I arrived in Seattle an hour after Pearl, we met up got our car, and I got to try my new GPS I bought in Korea, it took about 5-10 minutes to locate satellites, but once they were honed in it worked like a charm, found our hotel, my test site and every place we inputted.
After we checked in, the first place we went to was my test site so I could gauge on how long it would take to get there, after we found
Glass MuseumGlass MuseumGlass Museum

Me in the background and the resturant we ate
the test site we looked on the GPS to see what sights were close by, the closest was the Glass Museum, we went there since it was highly recommended to us by a good friend, and it was very cool to watch them make stuff, and see some Chihuly work, after we finished at the museum we ate dinner right next door and had a great steak.

Friday was a rest/shopping day, we found an outlet mall very close to the hotel and spent the day there, and once again Pearl amazed me with her ability to pack everything we bought.

Saturday was my NICET (National Institute of Certification in Engineering Technologies) test, which started at 8:00am and I finished around 3:00pm. The really hard part of the test was trying to stay awake, with the time difference the start time would be 12:00 midnight in Korea and finish time would be 7:00am. But all things considered I felt like I did well passing 21 of the 30 elements I signed up for.

After the test, I got back to the hotel and Pearl and I headed into down town Seattle to see the sights, Pike Street Market, The Space Needle, unfortunately we only had about 30-40 minutes at the market before all the shops would start closing, after the market we took the tram to the Space Needle and to our surprise the International Rhythm Festival was going on so we watch hundreds of drummers beat their drums in time to "conductor". After this it was a late night of packing and early flights for both of us.

"Hold 'em in the road"

Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


What's Up with this?What's Up with this?
What's Up with this?

Not related to the Seattle trip but I saw this and had to take a picture. So do you stop....or do you yield....?

23rd July 2009

Great City
I loved Seattle....You should have called Steve and Merry while you were there. They could have met you at the market if they were in town. Love ya....Aunt Janet

Tot: 2.886s; Tpl: 0.048s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0489s; 2; m:saturn w:www (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb