Welcome to the family!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
December 24th 2005
Published: December 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Your family-in-law are people that quite frankly you are stuck with - and I mean them with you are much as you with them. Before arriving in the States Noel had not met Zoe-Clare’s husband Gen and had only met my sister once on a night out in Harpenden. I doubt they were expecting to get to know him as well as they did on our second night’s stay here.

In the States the plumbing seems to be a bit different, and not as vegetarian-friendly as perhaps in the UK. After falling asleep on the Friday night I was woken by Noel shouting ‘Tas Tas come quick the toilet’s flooding!’ Whilst initially I thought I was having a bizarre dream, the calling persisted and I jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom to find Noel bailing out water out of the toilet (with two of Z-C Zoe-Clare’s ‘Please hand-wash these carefully’ glasses). Water was pouring out the toilet bowl all over the floor and was just about to reach the newly laid carpet in the hall. I grabbed a towel to protect the carpet (while Noel continued to furiously bail the water) and ran to call for Gen and Zoe-Clare (who were in bed) to help. They came running down the stairs in their PJs to find Noel in nothing but boxer shorts (that had slid half-way down, exposing a builders behind), water every-where and to top it all Noel using two of their best glasses to bail the water into the bath. After much hilarity and Zoe-Clare’s declaration that she couldn’t possibly help until Noel ‘Pulled his pants up’ they got stuck in - firstly stopping the water and then clearing the blockage. Gen was then lucky enough to come face to face with Noel’s offending brown item that had caused the blockage in the first place.
They say that becoming a part of a new family takes time. You have to get to know each other before you can reach an understanding. Well I reckon that Friday night Gen and Zoe-Clare certainly got to know Noel!
As Z-C and Gen finally got to bed Z-C called down ‘ Goodnight Noel. Welcome to the family!’


Advertisement



24th December 2005

Well I think we ALL know Noel a little better now, thanks Tas! Merry Christmas to y'all, (or is that only in more Southern States?) and thanks for the updates. Looking forward to hearing all about it and we're thinking of you.
24th December 2005

Any old excuse
Any excuse will do for Noel to get his boo-tay out. Suprised it took that long.
27th December 2005

Less detail please!
Ew!
28th December 2005

Hahahahahaha! Havent laughed so much in ages!

Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 20; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb